¡Viva el Español! is a non-profit Spanish Language and Culture Center serving children and adults in the East Bay and Marin. We are a before and after school program, and teach Spanish to young amigos ages toddlers through grade 8. We also offer adult classes, private lessons, and tutoring.
Our main campus is located in Lafayette, and we have a Marin campus and a Pleasanton-based program as well. We also teach at various pre-schools and elementary schools all over the Bay Area including Lafayette, Orinda, Pleasant Hill, Danville, Oakland, Piedmont, Berkeley, San Anselmo, Kentfield, Larkspur, Corte Madera and Mill Valley. Our Summer Camps will be held in Lafayette, Piedmont, El Cerrito and Mill Valley this year.
Native Spanish Speakers
Our teachers are native Spanish speakers with extensive experience teaching kids. We have a terrific curriculum in place. We sing, dance, cook, paint, read stories, and play games with kids, all in Spanish! See what we are all about >>
Our Spanish Language Program Goals
- To build enthusiasm for language learning through early success which will be transferable to all languages.
- To promote learning of Spanish, an essential World Language, at a prime language learning time.
- To demonstrate specific comprehension, speaking, reading, and writing skills in Spanish as defined at each curriculum level.
- To develop a solid base of Spanish pronunciation.
- To provide a firm foundation for the continued study of languages in middle and high school.
- To enhance knowledge of world cultures and increase global awareness which will serve students throughout their lives.
- To have FUN while doing all of this!!